Are foxes supposed to come when they're called? This one seemed very comfortable - TOO comfortable - around people and actually turned around and walked over to us when Michael called it. Of course, it then promptly displayed it's animal instincts for us by dragging it's rear end a few feet. That resulted in a lot of giggling by our boys who think anything scatological is hilarious. It then trotted off, peeing on several trees as it left... oh, and the salt lick too. I guess that's why we never see anything licking it.In any case, I think we've been marked.
Michele
PLEASE don't adopt it! :)
ReplyDeleteMom
Miki, Be careful of those foxes. They are beautiful animals, however, I am told that they often carry rabies. We have them on our deer lease and the land owner says shoot any of them that you see. I've shot two over the last couple years. I don't know how true this is, but you might want to look into it. Let me know what you find out.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mark