The main thing that struck me as Maddox and I walked along was how quiet it was. I didn't hear the drone of cars nearby or dogs barking... I didn't hear police sirens or the thumping of someone's bass speakers. It was just... quiet. Peaceful. Serene. Oh, there were noises, but to me, they were still quiet. We heard birds chirping - songs I've never heard before. We heard our footsteps on the dirt path. We even heard a bumblebee buzzing back and forth between the flowers... we stopped to watch it...
...as well as other interesting bugs! Maddox was infatuated with all the big rocks. We had to stop and climb several of them.
I wanted to document everything I could... and since there wasn't an influx of other people around to take our picture, I did the best I could.
I would've liked to have gotten more of the scenery, but my arm is only so long. :)
When the boys were done riding, I grabbed a couple more shots before we headed home.
It was one of the most glorious mornings I have spent in a long, long time. Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow!Michele
Well, I think the cowboys rode through here too! :)
ReplyDeleteMom