Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Here in Colorado, the wildfires are raging out of control... I'm sure you've seen footage.  Fortunately, they are not near us and we are not in danger, but for safety reasons (and rightly so), there are to be NO personal fireworks this year.  I've heard there are places to watch professional shows, but we don't care too much for the traffic and the crowds...

...which seems strange to say, as THIS is how we spent our 4th:

This is a view of the beach at Bear Creek Lake Park on a beautiful Wednesday holiday.  When you live where beaches are a rare thing, you gotta expect that the few you have are going to draw a crowd!  But we didn't let the crowd spoil our fun.  Michael took the boys out on the kayak while I sat under an umbrella and watched them play in the water and dig in the sand.

Notice how Mason confiscated my gardening trowel?  He's no dummy - those plastic shovels are no match for the holes that Mason likes to dig!




This is what Mason dug... a hole to stand in and then pretend he has short legs!


Monkey see, monkey do!

 Here's Michael chilling out...

I'd show you a picture of me relaxing, but below is the type of picture I get when I'm not the one behind the camera:

One of the coolest parts of the day was when we ran into Gunny and his mom, Shay!  They were the ones who went on the rafting trip with Maddox and I a few weeks ago!  What a small world!

No fireworks for us this year, but we did have a really nice time together... and that's what counts.  Happy Birthday, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment