Sunday, January 22, 2012

Strawberry Pretzel Jell-O

Tonight was my dessert night choice.  It almost didn't happen... I had a busy day and didn't have time to get it made, BUT... I managed to pull it off and made myself (and whomever else wanted any) some strawberry pretzel jello.  For those of you who have never had it before, I'm sure it sounds quite disgusting.  Who, in their right mind, would put pretzels in jello??  Well, that's not exactly how it works.  The pretzels (mixed with butter and sugar) make a yummy crust.  Then, on top of that, is a savory layer of cream cheese, sugar, & whipped topping (I never use that nasty cool whip stuff).  Then the final layer is vibrant red jello with strawberries.  All together, it makes one heck of a dessert!!

The best part is that Mason and I are really the only two in the house who love it, so all the more for us!  I was a good girl, however, and halved the recipe so Mason and I wouldn't gorge ourselves on a huge 9x13 pan of it.  :)

I have a challenge coming next week - Michael has selected Rice Pudding.  I've never made it.  We'll see how it goes!

-->
Strawberry Pretzel Jell-O

9 oz. bag of pretzels, broken into small pieces
3 Tbsp sugar
1 ½ sticks butter, melted

Mix and press into 9x13 pan.  Bake 10 minutes at 350 and let cool completely.

8 oz. pkg cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 cups whipped cream

Cream well and spread over pretzel mixture.  Seal edges of pan.

6 oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O dissolved in 2 cups of boiling water
(2) 10 oz. boxes of frozen strawberries, thawed

Mix and allow to partially set.  Pour over cream cheese.  Chill well.



1 comment:

  1. If I'd been there, you could have made the WHOLE batch!

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete