Of course, we took them to Red Rocks...
And because they were here over Dianne's birthday, I made her some yummy pumpkin bread!
One evening, I caught Maddox with my iPhone. He's become quite the little iPhone pro...
...hmmmm, well, it looks like they ALL caught the bug...
We went on my favorite short hike on 3 Sisters.
If you look closely, you'll see Mason & Morgan up there at the peak. They love to climb the rocks...
As usual, Maddox pooped out, but Papaw Larry was happy to lend a "comfty" (as Maddox puts it) shoulder the rest of the way.
One of the highlights of their visit was our drive up Mount Evans... it's not far from our house and it's absolutely BREATHTAKING! This first shot is of the beautiful Echo Lake, which is at the base of Mt. Evans - the elevation here is around 10,000 feet.
After a long and treacherous drive... and I DO mean treacherous!! That road winds all over the place withOUT any railings... anyway, after our treacherous drive, we finally made it to the peak - 14,130 feet!
It was C-O-L-D and W-I-N-D-Y up there too!! We probably would've stayed and looked around longer, but we were all freezing!
The mountain goats were plentiful up there...
Look at this one below... he's saying, "gee, it sure is a long way down!"
And just to prove how high we were, here is the local warning sign:
On the way down, we stopped at Mount Goliath National Park, where you can see beautiful bristlecone pine trees - one of which is over 1500 years old! 

This is the place where I took that gorgeous photo that I turned into a postcard:
It was a wonderful visit! I'm sorry I didn't share it with you sooner!! ...Dad & Dianne, y'all come back any time!Michele
No comments:
Post a Comment