Monday, February 6, 2012

Echo Mountain

With all the snow we received, we were itching to get back on the slopes.  It's sad, really, but the big resorts got only a measly couple inches!  Echo Mountain, on the other hand, received quite a dumping.  We've never been to it, but Echo Mountain Ski Area is just a little place not far from our home... takes only 40 minutes to get there, and we don't have to deal with highway 70, which (as noted in a previous post) can get quite hairy with traffic.  So, yesterday we loaded up the truck and headed over. It really is a small place - only one chair lift, one magic carpet, and one tow rope.  But they have a bunch of terrain park stuff, which thrilled Morgan.  He, Mason, and Michael went off in search of tricks to perform... while Maddox and I puttered along together on the easy stuff.  Well, I take that back, we started on their green slope, but it was so narrow, that we found the blue to be much easier!  He could really do just about anything there - he proved it to himself on this trip, overcoming a little bit of fear and replacing it with encouraging self-confidence.  Here is another video of his skiing ability - pardon the shakiness of my camera... it's hard to take video when you're skiing - and I don't use poles when I ski with him.  While you're watching his controlled turns, notice, also, the GORGEOUS scenery!!

Quick note:  Last night was Maddox's dessert choice.  I didn't document it because it was simply strawberry shortcake.  I did make the shortcake from scratch (a sour cream pound cake), but I didn't feel it was interesting enough to document.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment